Music Banter - View Single Post - Justin Timberlake - The 20/20 Experience
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2013, 05:18 PM   #42 (permalink)
Soulflower
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mankycaaant View Post
My opinion is that both Frank Ocean and JT are stronger artists. They understand the music better; know when to let it breathe, have incredibly versatile vocal ranges and I know this may seem shallow given the technological advancements since the days of Inversions but the production is so much smoother, well rounded and layered.

There's no doubt MJ and Wonder were great 'singers' but as artists I find them to be rather one dimensional compared with JT and Frank who have better and more diverse ranges and aren't prone to the filler that Stevie and MJ put on some of their albums because they lacked the depth to keep up the standard throughout.

Besides just because an album is 20/30 years older than another, doesn't make it better. Hence the nostalgia comment I made.

What a crock of BULL**** lol

You must be smoking something to write this....

Aint no way in hell JT or Frank are better than MJ or Stevie Wonder, you crazy.

Stevie Wonder and Michael are stronger vocalists, have stronger material, were real artists, songwriters, arrangers, braoder lyrical subject matter and versatility in their music. They dont even deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as Stevie or MJ... this must be a joke

JT is a very mediocre singer and his lyrics are very generic and elementary. This album is descent but nothing original or innovative output of the sort. It would have been alot better if he used real instruments instead of computer generated sounds. Its the same old recyled Timbaland production that he has been doing since his been a solo artist. Not to mention, each of the songs has at least 4-8 songwriters that he doesnt even contribute.

Suit and Tie alone has 8 songwriters and JT is no where to be found.

If I wanted to listen to some real classic throwback R&B with stronger subject matter and production I would listen to D Angelo, Rashaan Paterson, etc Its amazing how people from the different persuasion can be called geniuses in the R&B realm when there are black R&B singers that have been making the same material and doing it better for years and NEVER get acknowledged.

But here this white blue eyed singer mimics shallow renditions of MJ, Stevie, Marvin, Prince etc and all of sudden its the greatest thing ever.

Its descent but its the same music he has been making since Justified and Ive heard more inspiring and creative R&B albums.

Last edited by Soulflower; 08-02-2013 at 05:35 PM.
Soulflower is offline   Reply With Quote