Music Banter - View Single Post - HEY NOOBS! Want a band or song recommendation? Don't start a new thread-POST HERE!
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2013, 02:40 AM   #3307 (permalink)
splica
Groupie

Default Please help me find a similar melody. Have you ever heard anything like this?

I am begging for someone to help me find something similar to my favorite melody.
I know the term “similar” can define different criteria, and really the only specific thing I’m looking for when I say “similar” is the melody. If you’ve ever heard ANYTHING similar that has that epic/dramatic feel or similar in ANY way, please let me know!

I’ve linked to several different styles of the song(8 bit, orchestral, original, and piano) to show that the style/genre/lyrics has/have nothing to do with what I’m looking for.
Please at least listen to the orchestral version of this song(especially the chorus) as you will find that it may sound like something you’ve heard before or possibly help you expand your opinion of the melody. The 8 bit version is also a good video to try as it may also spark a memory of something you’ve heard before.

Since I can’t post links yet, all you have to do is paste these after
youtube . c om

8 bit version /watch?v=RXw_txpn_aM
Orchestral version /watch?v=5lmpY3TUfXA
Original version /watch?v=CBrWNbjw3RA
Piano version /watch?v=WegyI3fBn4Y

As you can tell, the video is an orchestra performing Michael jacksons smooth criminal. So I am NOT simply looking for a similar style song to smooth criminal. I’m talking about the melody and feel. And it doesn’t matter what genre! The orchestral song I linked to kinda (to me anyway) has a Spanish heroic feel to it due to the coronets and other instruments.

So if you would be so kind as to listen to the above versions of the song and see if you can think of a similar melody I would sincerely appreciate it. I don’t care if it’s video game music or the score from a movie, if it’s similar in terms of melody/feel please let me know! Thank you very much!
splica is offline   Reply With Quote