Music Banter - View Single Post - Music's dead.
Thread: Music's dead.
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2005, 01:45 AM   #54 (permalink)
Cheese
Shadow on the wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibber
well with that mentality, you're likely to never be impressed by anything. ever. think about it, in all the history humanity has gone through, EVERYTHING that could have been done in terms of art (be it music, visual arts, literature etc etc) has already been done. See a great painting in a gallery? guess what, hundreds of artists have done something rediculously similar. Does that make it any less valid as artwork or any less beautiful? it's up to you. The same applies to music. If you have that mentality, you're going to miss out on some great music, because no matter how much something reminds you of something else, how many traces of another band are in that song, or how strongly their influences show, if it is truly great music, there will be SOMETHING, even the tiniest miniscule detail to set it apart, and make it something worthwhile.
It usually takes a bit to impress me with many things be it fashion,automobilia,music etc,but some of it eventually gets through so maybe it's time I stopped living in the past.No it is time I stopped living in the past.....except for my cars.
Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote