Music Banter - View Single Post - Do you think Rock Artists lose credibility when going to reality shows?
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2013, 06:46 PM   #14 (permalink)
Sharkie
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 216 View Post
referring to the osbournes???

that was the purpose of the show and why it was so successful because of the dysfunction of that family. dont try to guilt someone over it man

ummmm to answer the original post i think in general people would think these guys lose credibility if it wasnt so common place. i think a lot of ppl consider it selling out and not being true rock or whatever but its just so common.

i personally dont care because i never take the images of any musician seriously since its all kinda gimmicky and exagerated. thats why i dont have a problem with ice cube selling out, cause i never considered him a real thug anyways. though i think once you cross a line its hard to go back with image.

most the guys on shows are out of their primes so it doesnt matter much but its hard to take ppl like ice cube seriously with gangster lyrics after bein in kids movies. again i realize its an image but the illusion is gone.
Yeah, I found it hard to believe when I found out Ice Cube was supposed to be a gansta rapper and he was also allied with rappers as Eazy-E and Tupac.

I knew him first by his movies, of course.

I guess, once you sell out, the magic is lost. The first replier is right tbh. Those dudes are with one foot at the grave (sorry if this comes out as rude) they shouldn't give a **** about what is said about them, as long as they get money.

I still hope no one from Iron Maiden or STP, or groups around their age go to reality. Pedestals FTW!

-Angus Young
Sharkie is offline   Reply With Quote