Music Banter - View Single Post - Sentimental mercenaries: the Marillion Story
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2013, 03:50 PM   #14 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Script for a Jester's Tear for me has always been a flawed masterpiece. It's an album of meticulous song writing and has an eerie beauty about it and in hindsight draws a huge amount of nostalgia from the early 1980s when it was released, and when I listen to it, it draws me right back to that time period. On its downside, as Anteater said its heavy Gabriel Genesis era influences are too dominant and it was largely responsible for giving us an over-reliance on a huge host of modern day prog bands, that just sound like Genesis and Marillion. Also the album has a couple of songs such as "The Web" and "Garden Party" which don't do that much for me, which if you tally them up, come to 33.3% of the album
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History

Last edited by Unknown Soldier; 08-28-2013 at 04:16 PM.
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote