Music Banter - View Single Post - Got Feminism?
Thread: Got Feminism?
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2013, 11:04 AM   #165 (permalink)
butthead aka 216
Account Disabled

Location: freely swimmin thru the waters of glory much like a majestic bald eagle soars thru the skies

Quote:
Originally Posted by tore View Post
I am generally for equality and I feel like that generally also makes me a feminist as women's rights are not as strong as men's rights in many if not most parts of the world - which might be an interesting thing to discuss.

But I feel like this whole thread is basically bringing up this strawman argument where feminism is portrayed as some sort of extremism. What you're currently discussing is not really feminism, or not a good representation of it, but rather the silly attitudes of a minority of stupid people.

Meanwhile, there is a genuine need for the sort of "moderate" feminism that most of us will probably agree is morally sound; in your society and other societies. Maybe a new thread should be made called "moderate feminism" where one can discuss women's legal rights, salaries, parental leave and so on instead of people getting angry over chivalry and politeness.
true feminism isnt always extreme but i find generally the people that label themselves feminists are on the extreme and stupid side of the fence. again, same goes for anyone lebeling themselves a male rights activists. these people are not concerned with equal rights as much as they are concerned with everyone feelin sorry for their oppresion and their extreme need for constantly standin on a soapbox

do i think there are some inequalities? sure. do i think theres very many?? do i think they are as pervasive in society as most feminists would have u believe?? no. i think its very minor and largely exagerated (see employment stats).

i also think feminists and at this point, society in general just has a general problem with accepting differences in the sexes. men are generally better at certain things. women are generally better at other certain things. why is there a constant battle to meet some kind of quotea in different sectors of the workplace?? why can we not acknowledge differences and call a spade a spade?
butthead aka 216 is offline   Reply With Quote