Music Banter - View Single Post - Kanye West - Yeezus
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2013, 08:50 AM   #238 (permalink)
djchameleon
A.B.N.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soda Pop Fu View Post
And one of the main themes is racism, which though it still exist, is hard to take serious as one of the main themes for an album in a country whose media and majority of the population adores Obama, Oprah and Beyonce as if they were royalty.
That doesn't make any sense to me. You feel like we are in a post racial america just because a few black celebrities has some fans? Majority of the population adores Obama? Which country are you TALKING about? If someone stubs their foot they want to blame it on Obama. Racism is still every present for the common everyday person that has to deal with it but I guess if you aren't dealing with it then out of sight out of mind right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soda Pop Fu View Post
Also, he goes back to singing with his voice drowned out in auto tune which to me is the antithesis of what I call "art."
There is an art to auto tune even if you can't see past your hatred of auto tune as a whole. It's not only meant to auto correct someone's singing. It's also used for the sound effect that it produces. You may not like it but it actually fits the songs that he uses it on pretty well.

Also, I didn't quote part of your post but you feel like Yeezus should be compared to J. Cole? What? How? Especially if you are talking about J. Cole's most recent release. J. Cole's latest album sounds like one of Kanye's album that would have come out between his first and second albums.
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote