Music Banter - View Single Post - Leaking v. Heroism
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2013, 07:05 AM   #22 (permalink)
butthead aka 216
Account Disabled

Location: freely swimmin thru the waters of glory much like a majestic bald eagle soars thru the skies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Larehip View Post
Guns SHOULD be regulated. There is no plausible reason that they shouldn't be. And all your guns aren't going to do you a bit of good if the govt marshaled its forces against the American people although I cannot come up with a scenario that could begin to explain why it would want to.

All Obama wanted to do was ban assault rifles because they are far too dangerous to be considered effect weapons for home defense and make it far too easy for a nut who wants to go on a killing spree. You shoot somebody who is breaking into your house, you'd better hope that bullet doesn't kill a neighbor or somebody walking down the sidewalk or that's at least negligent homicide. I mean, a BB gun would be a more effective deterrent. If you don't think so, try advancing on somebody shooting at your face with one. For that matter, so would a paint gun--those things HURT!

There's so many things you can use for home defense that this whole "I need a gun with major firepower" is just a lot of macho s-hit. All these people afraid of Obama while at the time they are calling him the most incompetent, cowardly president we've ever had. Not to mention he was EASILY defeated in his attempt to ban assault weapons. But the shame isn't his. He tried at least. And another Sandy Hook WILL happen again--just a matter of time. I don't think Americans really care. We act concerned for a few days and then we're right back to the bulls-hit again. So it will happen again, there will be another debate but ultimately the gun lobby will win like always and everybody's happy until the next mass shooting.
you can regulate guns and have mandatory classes for anyone wanting to legally purchase a gun, thatd be great. but in my perfect world, every responsible citizen has a gun. im a good shot so if johhny doe wants to come into my home he is ending up with a bullet in him and i will take the risk of .01% i hit my neighbor. a paintball gun isnt goin to stop someone from shooting me

to echo what i ust said in the gun control thread, it would be stupid to not try and defend ourselves vs an oppressive government. if a 7 foot, 400 pound guy is tryin to kill me i am probably goin to lose all things equal but i will be damned if i am not gonna try to fight back and not cower in the fetal position
butthead aka 216 is offline   Reply With Quote