Music Banter - View Single Post - 2016 U.S Election Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2013, 07:23 PM   #17 (permalink)
Lord Larehip
Account Disabled

Hillary Clinton will be the next president. Among the GOP, it will come down to Rand Paul and Chris Christie. Paul seems to me to be too much of an ideologue. Too hung up on political philosophies that he can't wait to start implementing whether they have any chance of working or not. He may not be that way but that is how he comes across and I think it scares people. That his name reminds one irrepressibly of Ayn Rand and her Objectivism doesn't help him. I think the country has had enough of ideologues when Bush let his administration be overrun by neocon idiots who said stupid s-hit like we won't have to regulate Wall Street because they'll police themselves and a lean, lightly-armed, stripped down army is the way to win wars.

Christie I actually like but, let's face it, his weight is a problem. I mean, this cat could VERY WELL die in office so you have to look VERY CAREFULLY at who his running mate is if he gets the nod. Chances are, he'll be a RW nutjob in an attempt to get enough support from both factions of the GOP (two different parties for all intents and purposes) to make them look semi-cohesive (which they are not). If Christie dies in office, this other guy will be president and we stand a very real chance of that happening. So I don't see Christie as a viable candidate.

I don't think either one can beat Hillary Clinton. I think even most people who normally wouldn't vote for her to save her from hell will vote for her because the GOP is just that bad.
Lord Larehip is offline   Reply With Quote