Music Banter - View Single Post - 2016 U.S Election Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2013, 07:39 PM   #18 (permalink)
Lord Larehip
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rezdaddy Longlegs View Post
Honestly anyone who thinks any candidate from a major party Rep/Dem is going to make any difference and really change anything for the better in this coutry is crazy. Like last election I dont think who wins really matters. This country needs a lifestyle change not a left or right drone candidate.
It's not changing it for the better that concerns me. I do know for certain that a candidate can change things for the worse and that is FAR MORE important to me. When Bush II won, I knew a lot of people who were really angry. I kept asking, "I'm not happy about it but what ever really changes? How much can this guy change things?" Boy, did I eat those words. I realize now, a US president can lie through his teeth to the entire world and embroil it in a useless, illegal war that put us in debt to China and destabilized the Middle East and he can walk away from it scot-free and leave his successor to clean up his mess.

He can feed the world a toxic cake made from mortgages so fraudulent they ruined entire countries' economies including his own and never have to explain himself. I don't believe for a second that Al Gore, for all his faults, would ever have pulled anything like that. I don't believe any other president would have been stupid enough to pull that.

So while a president isn't likely to make things a whole lot better any time soon, he sure as hell can make them far worse super fast and that's more than enough to get me to get off my ass and vote.
Lord Larehip is offline   Reply With Quote