Music Banter - View Single Post - College Football
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2013, 12:17 AM   #105 (permalink)
Paul Smeenus
David Hasselhoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Smeenus View Post
Georgia St. at 1 Alabama

Betting line currently favors 'Bama by 54 1/2. I hate these cupcake games, because the favorite has their second team in the game by halftime and the third string in by the 4th quarter. However, I think 'Bama could *start* their third string and cover this spread
The Tide score 38 in the first half and 7 in the second (and zero in the 4th quarter). That's what I meant about cupcake games. Final 45-3 'Bama, they do not cover

Quote:
2 Oregon at Colorado

The Ducks won by 39 against Cal in a freaking MONSOON last Saturday in Eugene even without DeAnthony Thomas, the Buffaloes were blown out of Corvallis against a good but nowhere-near-as-good-as-the-Ducks Oregon State team. The spread is 38 1/2. This is a mortal lock. Bet the house on the Ducks.
Ducks win 57-16, and like 'Bama did not score a point in the 4th quarter.

Quote:
3 Clemson at Syracuse

I'm tired of underestimating Clemson. They will cover the 13 1/2
49-14 Clemson

Quote:
4 Ohio State at 16 Northwestern

The Wildcats are currently undefeated. The Buckeyes are undefeated. One team will have a loss at the end of this game, and it ain't gonna be Ohio State. They cover the seven points with ease.
OK so it wasn't so easy but they do cover, final 40-30 Buckeyes

Quote:
15 Washington at 5 Stanford

I'm in the EXTREMELY unfamiliar position of rooting for the Huskies. If they can somehow win this game, my Ducks have a game up on their primary Pac 12 North competition...

BUT...it ain't gonna happen. Washington is much improved but Stanford is better. The Cardinal easily covers the 7 1/2.
This was a great game, Stanford juuuuust barely hangs on 31-28 on an overturned 4th down completion on what would have been a first down in range for a long tying field goal. It was, however, the right call

Quote:
6 Georgia at Tennessee

Spread is 10 1/2. Bulldogs win by 20.
Did I say 20? Because I meant 3

Final 34-31 Bulldogs

Quote:
7 Louisville at Temple

Another team I've consistently underrated. Louisville is favored by 32 against the winless Owls. I've learned my lesson and I'm taking the Cardinals
Wrong again. Louisville wins but fails to cover, 30-7

Quote:
25 Maryland at 8 Florida State

I've picked the favorite in every game so far, I will take the 15 1/2 and go with the Terps in this one, not to win but to beat the spread.
I mighta missed this one juuuust a little. Final 'Noles 63 Terps 0

Quote:
10 LSU at Mississippi State

LSU is favored by 9 1/2, they will be PISSED after the loss to Georgia, bet the farm on LSU
Final 59-26 LSU
Gentle Giant Catalog Review

The entire Ditty Bops catalog reviewed

Last edited by Paul Smeenus; 10-06-2013 at 02:19 AM.
Paul Smeenus is offline   Reply With Quote