Music Banter - View Single Post - Drake
Thread: Drake
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2013, 06:26 AM   #104 (permalink)
Cuthbert
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surell View Post
"Hold On We're Going Home" i'll give you, especially since I don't have to hear him rap once, but "Started from the Bottom" is the epitome of wackness.
Thing is, SFTB is actually one of the standout tracks on here. What's with Drake's delivery as well? Sounds like he's pissed/mumbling/having a stroke on SFTB, there was another track he did it on as well. Annoying as fuck.

Agree with you w/ HOWGH btw, heard it and though it'd be very popular. Doesn't appeal to me though.

Quote:
But I do have a basis for writing it off, judging by Drake's previous shittiness.
Mate this CD is ****, I listened to the whole thing. The lyrics are disgustingly cringe. There was one in particular, can't remember which song but about 8 or 9, and he said something about his kids looking beautiful with fictional woman in the song . There's no sincerity to his music, it's so fucking forced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mankycaaant View Post
Screw the haters, I loved this album and have been playing it non-stop.
In my eyes it's Drizzy's best effort to date. He strikes the perfect balance of his pseudo emotional half and his agitative rags to riches storytelling.
I love how people get so wound up by Drake, if you don't like him; don't listen.
lol, can't just dismiss everyone as a hater if they think this album is a pile of steaming shit.

Quote:
Drake never has claimed to be the most technical or intricate MC, but he is a master of the basic fundamentals of what it takes to succeed in hip-hop. He doesn't go out of his way to over complicate his music or to try things he's not capable of doing, so I'd take Drake in that regard over the waves of new rappers who are trying to be socially conscious or experimentally lyrical with wack ass rhyming schemes any day.
I'd take rappers who try to push the boundaries or better themselves over a bang average, bland as fuck pretentious pseudo-deep wet flannel, tbh.

Quote:
Drake also has going for him that he doesn't need to rely on guest spots. Shit, over half of all 'mainstream' hip-hop albums over the last few years have actually included a Drake verse somewhere so if the people who're actually making and making a living from hip-hop appreciate what he brings to the table and you guys don't, I'd say it were you lot who're in the wrong on this one.
Not really, though. Mainstream music is designed to appeal to the lowest common denominator, if someone wants to make a mainstream Hip-Pop album, do you get the best rapper on there or the one who will help you sell the most CD's/raise your profile? This is no different to all the cunts putting Bieber on their tracks. Drake is 'in' right now, that's why he's on all these tracks. But he's an average rapper at best.
Cuthbert is offline   Reply With Quote