Music Banter - View Single Post - Off Colour Jokes and Why You're a Plebe for Using them
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2013, 11:18 PM   #191 (permalink)
ThePhanastasio
Killed Laura Palmer

Comedy is based on making people laugh, which is a primal instinct in human beings. Laughter can be in appreciation, reciprocation, being uncomfortable, shock, or any number of things, but one has to tune into that last one: Shock. There do exist out there shock comics, whose entire repertoire consists of "shock" material. This is the kind of thing that is taboo or, almost taboo, and completely takes them aback.

BUT.

The act of laughter releases endorphins, regardless of the reason for laughter. So, comics will go for whichever tack they're most suited for, most comfortable with, and use that to make their material.

In general, I find just about any joke to be funny. I have a sense of humor, and I'm not a self-righteous, sheltered, 21st century ******* who wants everything to be PC. I am a lesbian and had a hard time coming out, but gay jokes don't faze me. I'm also not wealthy, and I'm single in my mid-twenties; jokes about the ****tiness of the situation do not offend me.

The problem I've been seeing is that people are taking offense to things which are not meant personally, taking a self-righteous tack when something isn't even directed to or at them.

People need to communicate without feeling as though they're walking on eggshells, like, "Oh, Hell, who am I going to offend with this statement which is not directed at anyone in particular, but is more a commentary on the state of affairs at the present moment?"

So, basically, suck a dick, self-righteous douche-nozzles.

It's a hand-me-down, the thoughts are broken
Perhaps they're better left unsung
ThePhanastasio is offline   Reply With Quote