Music Banter - View Single Post - Tame Impala
Thread: Tame Impala
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2013, 10:59 PM   #51 (permalink)
DriveYourCarDownToTheSea
AllTheWhileYouChargeAFee

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveYourCarDownToTheSea View Post
BTW I'm going to make a daring (longish-term) prediction: Especially if this band can come out with a really good album their next album, I think they might become as popular as Oasis, or even U2. All the ingredients are there, not the least of which is a sound even a lot of Baby Boomers can get into.

You heard it here first.
So far, so good.

Concert review from Chicago, mid-October
Quote:
Tame Impala’s live show is all about the music, and it sounded as great on as it does on their records. On record, the songs are expansive, and at the Riviera they had a chance to float around the room and bounce off the venue’s unique textures. The band’s sound is perhaps most famous for the way that it recalls the music of the ’60s and ’70s. The makeup of the crowd reflected this: There were more middle-aged men than at any show I’ve been to in recent memory. For most of the night, the crowd was tame as the band’s laid-back groove; however, several tracks really lit up the group. “Feels Like We Only Go Backwards” spurned audience members to sing along as they danced in time to the band’s most recent single.
Am I smart, or what? I'm gonna have a lot of fun bumping up that prediction over the next several years.

Last edited by DriveYourCarDownToTheSea; 10-28-2013 at 11:06 PM.
DriveYourCarDownToTheSea is offline   Reply With Quote