Music Banter - View Single Post - Kanye West - Yeezus
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2013, 05:49 AM   #295 (permalink)
djchameleon
A.B.N.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surell View Post
Actually, I despise MBFDTTdfQQQQER because it's "concept" is total bull****. Sure, the production is good, but there were way too many filler tracks for a prog-hop album, and, as mentioned, there is in no way some overall story or concept to tie it together. It's a trick, while he brings in sort of characters and tries to use violins and cohesion to make it seem like one united piece, none of the tracks really live in the same universe, besides the fact that they are Kanye West rap songs.
The tracks are loosely related it all starts out with his muse that he meets in the first track and having him introduce her to what happens in this world because she is supposedly a fallen angel. You probably just don't like the concept but there is a story there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surell View Post
"On Sight," "Black Skinhead," "New Slaves," "Blood On the Leaves" (only for the beat, Kanye was so beyond shitty and abusive to a great sample on it), and "Bound 2," which is probably the best on the album besides "New Slaves," mainly because Kanye actually does Kanye well, which is not deep or very experimental. I think I liked the beat on "Send it Up" too but I never feel a real reason to listen to it.
I feel like all of the second half is Kanye staying in his lane and doing tracks that he shines in but "Bound 2" is the cherry on top and a great way to end the album.

The best part to me of "Send it Up" is the last 30 seconds of the song that he took from a dancehall track. It makes me nostalgic hearing it.
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote