Music Banter - View Single Post - Tame Impala
Thread: Tame Impala
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2013, 11:13 PM   #54 (permalink)
Werda
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhateverDude View Post
I saw them open for Flaming Lips last night for a Halloween show, never heard anything by them before hand. They dressed up as the Spice Girls and played a stoner metal cover of If You Wanna be My Lover. Good show, scored some posh weed off some dude behind me for 20$- made my night. Flaming Lips were kind of a let down though, I was bummed. I may have bumped into Amy Poehler, an Amy Poehler look-alike, or someone dressed as Amy Poehler. I will never know because I couldn't get around to asking but she looked exactly like her.
I saw the photos of their dressups on their Facebook page - funny buggers.

I was reluctant to listen to their second album, Lonerism, after their first, Innerspeaker, was such an integral part of my life for a year. I listened to it everyday whilst travelling throughout Europe, then once I started to live in London, I worked in a pub - where I sole control over the playlist. Played Innerspeaker everyday and got all the locals into it. Subsequently, I started to get into that psych sound and discovered another aussie band (still indie) called The Walking Who - who are great - check em.

... I was then introduced to a duo who were a little more trippy called Peaking Lights.... they're great too.

..but yeah, Tame Impala, what a great band, with that voice like Lennon it really makes you wonder who it's been so long for a band with their sound to start making waves - if anyone know's other bands with a similar vibe please let me know
Werda is offline   Reply With Quote