Music Banter - View Single Post - Famous Musicians You Respect as People
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2013, 12:05 PM   #147 (permalink)
Lord Larehip
Account Disabled

I forgot to mention that my sister once booked all the bands that played at her college theater. She got to meet them all. She booked the Japanese drum troupe Kodo whom she said were the coolest people she'd ever met. And the audience response (I was there, of course) was so great that she booked them again about a year later. She said they were the sweetest people and it was a genuine joy to meet them.

She said Johnny Cash was really nice and friendly. At one point, he was in his dressing room with June and my sister knocked on the door to check on them and make sure they had everything they needed. Johnny said, "Hey, you come on in here, little lady!" And he introduced her to June who seemed kind of reserved and quiet but nice enough. But everybody liked them. A few months later, they were both dead.

She hated the Chenille Sisters who were all prima donna bitches who demanded fruit baskets in their dressing rooms and then threw them in the waste baskets without opening them. And then claimed they were shorted $10 bucks and threatened legal action over it. My sister gave them $10 out of her own pocket to shut them up. She got them back though because my older brother was hosting a folk and blues show up in the thumb and she sent him an email telling him not to hire them if they try to book. Sure enough, they tried to book and my brother said no.

Another guy she hated was Neil Diamond. He's just a prick. Didn't want to talk to anybody and even threatened to cancel if any of the staff watched him while he rehearsed. They were not to look at him at all but simply go about their business. "Nobody gets a free show," he said.
Lord Larehip is offline   Reply With Quote