Music Banter - View Single Post - Albums You're Digging II
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2013, 02:19 PM   #10022 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjinn View Post

Brotherhood of the Bomb - Techno Animal

Techno Animal, another project from Justin Broadrick with Kevin Martin, an experimental industrial hip-hop group from the 90s managed to do what Death Grips did 10 years before his time. They've released some other notable albums, Techno Animal Versus Reality, Radio Hades, and the more industrial based Ghosts as their debut. As much as I enjoy all their other releases, Brotherhood of the Bomb hit me like a truck. It's energetic, raw, creative, has a drone effect and uses whacky stylistic tunes it inflicts hypertension and groove at the same time. I'm not very well versed when it come's to reviewing music, mostly what I know is that I can't stomach much rap at a time. But this is a heavy album that is stomach worthy while it still leaves me with a hard feeling in my stomach.

"There are two ways to deal with the music on this record – You either react with your body or feel totally threatened by it.”
If you like that you should totally check out another collaboration those two did: Ice. The album Bad Blood is pretty great.
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote