Music Banter - View Single Post - The many benefits of a child-free life
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2013, 03:59 PM   #126 (permalink)
Burning Down
The Music Guru.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyislingering View Post
I'm looking forward to the day when I can afford proper insurance, but I'm pretty sure that despite the fact that we're a really progressive society on the west coast, it's going to take me a long time to find a doctor who isn't going to look at me and say "HURRR YURR GUNNA CHANGE YUR MIIIIND" and then stare at me like I'm a dumb little girl and laugh about me to their 27 children and Grand Canyon-vagina'd wife.
I honestly think doctors everywhere are like this. They even hesitate to perform hysterectomies or even partial ones even if it's medically necessary. My mom should have one done because (ok the rest is in spoilers)

Spoiler for some TMI crap:
For years she has had problems with fibroids and it's gotten worse after two kids. They're benign but there is always a chance that they can turn cancerous, especially now that she is almost 53. But they keep coming back and now it's getting to a point where they're bothering her. She's entering menopause now so it's so much worse and she's in so much pain when she gets a period. And fibroids will keep posing a problem and chronic pain even after menopause. The solution: a hysterectomy. Her family doctor is refusing to even consider it, and same with her gynecologist. I think they are being idiots.
Burning Down is offline   Reply With Quote