Music Banter - View Single Post - Best Prog album of all time?
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2013, 09:16 PM   #13 (permalink)
Anteater
Certified H00d Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Wow! Aggressive, intch'a? I just would not consider them prog rock per se: they have prog elements in some albums sure, but the aforementioned Eve, Ammonia Avenue, Vulture Culture, Sterotomy ... this don't speak to me as prog albums no matter how great they are. Gaudi maybe, although I'd disagree with Ant on Eye in the sky: for me that's not a prog album, despite "Silence and I" being quite a proggy track. I'd call them progressive in about the same way as I would call Supertramp progressive, which is to say they have prog elements but would definitely not be a prog rock band imo.
Well, I never said APP fit all the traditional boxes for a prog rock band: the only album that could be considered something akin to a full blown prog record is the debut, since it was considered to be fairly groundbreaking at the time of its release in some circles. It's ironic though: APP's sound actually ended up rubbing off on actual progressive rock acts like Camel and a couple of others as everyone headed into the 80's.

Anteater's Daily Tune Roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk
I was called upon by the muses for greatness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I'm bald, ja.
Anteater is offline   Reply With Quote