Music Banter - View Single Post - Best Prog album of all time?
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2013, 07:22 AM   #21 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screen13 View Post

Seriously, you really should have "Been There". I can understand retro like of them, don't get me wrong, but Styx were like Midwest Drama School with a big budget and were seriously everywhere on the radio in my area beck then and I was moving a little more underground by that time. To me, they were over-dramatic and "Babe" sounded like a bar band with an original song that won the audiences over.

While I liked that they were trying to get a message on Kilroy that I actually can agree with, it still was done in a way that I stayed away from it as much as possible.

Also, it was nice that they payed tribute to a Chicago landmark, but..."these are the best OF TIIIIIIIIIMES!!!!!!!!" was not my cup of brew.

(Note...LOL from here on to the finish of the post)
No slight on the strong amount of talent, don't get me wrong, but I put a spell on you for the ghost of the Crimson King to haunt you forever and hope a Foxtrot hunt will happen on the lives of you and your army. You, Sir, may call me a Warlock in this Witch Hunt after calling Styx lightweight, but be very aware of what might come for YOU! For when I meet my fate in the town center for my punishment, my spirits will be released and corrupt your village. HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!
People always seem to mention "Babe" when looking for an example to poke the band. The fact of the matter is that as a huge Styx fan, I hate "Babe" and its album Cornerstone was not a good album either. More people really need to listen to the albums before that Equinox, Crystal Ball, The Grand Illusion and Pieces of Eight, with the final two mentioned being absolute classics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Smeenus View Post
*slits wrists, pours copious amounts of gasoline on self and ignites, puts barrel of loaded 45 in mouth and pulls trigger*
Sounds like you've had a great christmas!
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote