Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2014, 06:40 AM   #1248 (permalink)
Scarlett O'Hara
Make it so

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian Benteke View Post
As much as I admit men do get shafted by the law in cases like this at times, that has got to be bollocks. I can't believe he's been done for that. I'm not saying something hasn't gone on but surely this isn't the full story?

Privilege thing is bollocks imo, I think it exists to a certain extent but it's more of a class thing than a race or gender thing (in the UK, can't speak for the US).

It's funny as well, cos the loudest voices I hear complaining about race and privilege issues are white, middle/upper class women from good backgrounds, typically students with good lives who have fuck all to complain about and the whole thing smacks of pseudo intellectualism and them just wanting to align themselves with a cause/cloak themselves in a veil of righteousness and justice.

EDIT - Ah bollocks Janszoon got there before me.
I totally agree with this. It's rather odd seeing others act above people because they understand white privilege.

But those with kind hearts make it easier for us to understand what actions we do that negatively affects others (so we can change our attitudes or behaviour). There shouldn't be finger pointing or name calling.