Music Banter - View Single Post - Welcome to Trollheart's Fortress of Prog!
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2014, 02:51 PM   #22 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

I'll do what I can Urban! Nice to see you at my Fortress! Have a seat...

So, no theme or band this time, just some random prog tracks I like. Sorry Urban, much of this may be over-produced stuff from the past twenty years, though with or without dungeons and dragons covers, I can't guarantee.

Since we had Peter Hammill yesterday it seems only fair to dig into his parent band, so here's a few from VDGG:

One of my favourites from them, this is a track called "Whatever would Robert have said?" If you don't get the joke, you're not Science Geek enough!
Spoiler for The "joke":
Robert Van der Graaff invented the Van Der Graaf generator Van de Graaff generator - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Spoiler for Whatever would Robert have said?:

"Killer", from "H to He who am the only one" (another science joke)
Spoiler for The other "joke":
No, I'm not explaining it! Work it out!

Spoiler for Killer:

Of course VDGG, as a seminal seventies prog band, wrote their fare share of epics, and this is one of their best, from the album "Pawn hearts". (Warning: over twenty-three minutes long!)
Spoiler for A plague of lighthouse keepers:

And one more before we move on...
Spoiler for Masks:

Now to come a little more up to date (sorry Urban!) with another of my favourite bands. No, it's not Marillion!

I think I love just about every album ever released from Mostly Autumn. This is a track entitled "Candle to the sky".
Spoiler for Candle to the sky:

Five years in production, this is the first album from IoEarth, who released only their second one last year.
Spoiler for Harmonix:

How about some Riverside?
Spoiler for Parasomnia:

And specially for Urban, here's Pendragon to close us out for today.
Spoiler for And we'll go hunting deer: