Music Banter - View Single Post - Most Innovative Artist of the 20th Century
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2014, 09:36 AM   #47 (permalink)
Soulflower
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necromancer View Post
It was more of what Jackson learned in the studio by recording with Quincy Jones the same can be said with Barry Gordy as well.
I think Michael definitely learned alot from Berry Gordy and Quincy, Berry Gordy especially. By the time Michael collaborated with Quincy he had already been in the industry for over a decade and had written songs while with the "The Jacksons"
He learned alot from Stevie Wonder as well (in the songwriting department)

I just think people cite Quincy for coming up with the instrumentation for alot of Michaels music that Michael actually came up with himself.

Michael used real instruments that HE played in his demos at his house before he gave his demos to Quincy and these demos sound EXACTLY like Quincy finishes.

I just dont see how someone could give Quincy all the credit when Michael came up with all the beats and rhythms in his head and Quincy just put it together.

I am not trying to minimize Quincy's role but I think he gets undeserving credit for coming up with songwriting and rhythms that Michael came up with himself.

There was alot of friction between him and MJ during BAD because of this

I respect Quincy and I think he is a genius but he gets a little bit to much for Michaels works that he did all himself.

I think they are both geniuses
Soulflower is offline   Reply With Quote