Music Banter - View Single Post - HEY NOOBS! Want a band or song recommendation? Don't start a new thread-POST HERE!
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2014, 12:27 PM   #3404 (permalink)
Felixb97
Groupie

Default Similar songs to these

Hello!
I'm always trying to find new songs to add to my playlist that contain "Classics" from 80th, 90th and early 2000 or even older.
I've always been trying to gather songs like these that pop up and put them in my playlist a couple of years and have always thought about starting a thread on a forum somewhere asking for tips but I never knew where.
But today I figured I would actually take the step and seek out for some help from people who actually listened to music before 2000, during the fact that I'm born 1997.
So I would really appreciate if you wrote a comment with some tips!
I'm usually listening to this kind of music when I'm playing or just sitting in a bus or a car for awhile, I also use the songs in videos sometimes as background music also, so please feel free to post some songs I've missed

Here are the examples I use to listen to:
(Some of them are relatively new but are there to give you a better idea what I want,
as you also may see there are many songs which were in movies and such so feel free to give a tip of classical songs in moive soundtracks too :-) )

Madness - Our House (<3)
Caesars - Jerk It Out
a-ha - Take On Me
Depeche Mode - Just Can't Get Enough
Buffalo Springfield - For What Its Worth
Creedence Clearwater Revival - Fortunate Son
Kenny Loggins - Danger Zone
I'm Shipping Up To Boston - Dropkick Murphys
Mama Cass Elliot - Make Your Own Kind Of Music
Norman Greenbaum - Spirit in the Sky
Guns N' Roses - Sweet child of mine
Tenacious D vs. The Devil (heh, really enjoy the part when kyle and jack is singing but in fact pretty much all songs from this movie is awesome)
R.E.M. - It's The End Of The World
Huey Lewis - Back in time
Guns N' Roses - Paradise City
Frankie Goes to Hollywood - Relax
Village People - YMCA
Wham! - Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go
Radical Face Welcome Home
Dschinghis Khan - Moskau
Teddybears - Get Mama a House
The Unit theme song - fired up feel good
Bo Kaspers Orkester - Vi sitter i samma bil (Swedish song, the melody/tune is really awesome though and this song is a real Swedish classic!)
Walk Like An Egyptian - The Bangles
Die Hard 3 - Summer in the city
dschinghis khan - dschinghis khan
Kool & The Gang - Get Down On It
Queen - 'Another One Bites the Dust'
Kool & The Gang - Celebration
Queen - Don't Stop Me Now

Thanks.
And I hope this thread is correctly placed, sorry if not.

Last edited by Felixb97; 02-01-2014 at 12:38 PM.
Felixb97 is offline   Reply With Quote