Music Banter - View Single Post - Trollheart's Psychic Album Reviews
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2014, 05:26 PM   #18 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

And so, the result, or as I like to call it, the score of shame...

1. Nicotina:
Main instrument: 20%
Tempo: 30%
Subject: 0% (Kind of hard to get this right when there are no real discernible lyrics!)
Specifics: 0%
TOTAL: 50%

2. Lon lon
Main instrument: 0%
Tempo: 0%
Subject: 0%
TOTAL: 0%

3. I wanna dance with somebody
Subject: n/a as it's a cover

4. Silhouette
Specifics: 30%
TOTAL: 80%

5. Polka dot

6. Hold on
Main instrument: 0%
Subject: 20%

Making a final total then of 280 divide by 6 = 46% approx! An improvement of 300% on the previous one! Of course, there are less tracks but then again the overall score is higher, so not a bad second effort.

Shoegaze? Is it for me? Dunno really. This was pleasant enough but like MBV would I want to listen to ten or fifteen tracks of it? I kind of got the impression this band is not signed, and as is often the case with such bands there is very little information I could glean about them, despite their having a Soundcloud, Facebook and Bandcamp page. Why don't these people take the time to write a quick bio? Oh, and in my after-research I found out they have two albums previous to this, so as they say, this ain't their first rodeo.

Will it be my last, with them? Hard to say really but it hasn't quite endeared this sort of music to me, though on the other side of the coin it hasn't made me swear off it altogether. Cool name for an album, if nothing else!

So then, Powerstars, Briks and anyone else who wants to try copying my ideas: that's how it's done properly!

(Legal notice: Anyone trying to copy Trollheart's ideas will leave themselves open to litigation)
Until we meet again,