Music Banter - View Single Post - Irrational music hatred
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2014, 06:50 AM   #80 (permalink)
Darrenaj9
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
Here is my irrational hatred of the the word seen in a used in a sentence improperly....YOU DIDN'T SEEN **** YOU SAW IT.... AND GIMMIE GOT SHOT BY A NIGGA NAMED PLEASE.... sorry I feel better now...
Well that's a matter for debate. Everybody knows that language is not something static in that it evolves over time and many of the things you complain about in the use of a word in a sentence incorrectly actually shaped our language as it stands today.

For instance the word 'The' isn't a word historically. Ye was the word and it was pronounced similar to the word we would use today.

However a simply typography problem saw for signs the letter 'Y' replaced with a 'Th' and whilst grammatically incorrect gave birth to the word you and I use so freely today and you give little thought for the fact it was born out of grammatical error.

So there's no real place for historical significance or etiquette when becoming involved in conversations because language is simply a fluid form of communication the evolves over time and one you are certainly not in control of.

God it feels good to put down the self righteous so eloquently. In case your wondering that was the UK version of verbal sparring on par with LL Cool J's Mama Said Knock You Out!
Darrenaj9 is offline   Reply With Quote