Music Banter - View Single Post - Argentina
Thread: Argentina
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2014, 08:42 AM   #9 (permalink)
KuntaFalza
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisnaholic View Post
Welcome to MB, KuntaFalza !
Thanks!
Quote:
I really liked all the clips by Villa Mercedes; not just the music, but the videos of every-day street scenes too.
Thanks again. I recorded the clips. That is my humble city.

They were filmed on sunday, after the rain, so the roads were empty of people. It is a typical city of the Cuyo region, which is the central west of Argentina.

The Cuyo region is characterised by tree lined streets, mostly with the species Platanus. There is another Cuyo city shown on the first post, (Mendoza, between the pop genre videos).
Mendoza is a city made on a desert, but nobody would guess, because is densely populated with trees everywere. The municipality government has a register of each tree, with his health record. Every road has a water channel for irrigation.

Quote:
As you may know, Astor Piazzola has an international reputation, although the only Argentinian cd I have is very traditional flute and guitar by Alejandro Fatur and Jorge Shitu. Have you ever heard of them?
No I never heard. I found a video on youtube from Fatur, and I liked it.
Thanks for telling.

Quote:
As has been mentioned, your thread is really in the wrong section: if you look in the Country, World and Folk Forum, you´ll find threads there that discuss Latin music, but as Janszoon implies, a couple of responses a day is about average for some of these MB threads.
There is an offical list of countries that should be posted there?

What is the difference between this Argentinian and British music?:

Quote:
Finally, perhaps there are others like me; interested in Argentinian music, but not ready to vote on the music of a whole country. I imagine that Argentinia is no different from other countries - some good music, some bad !
I think that in the last century, the best music was made on USA and Britain, despite that, like any country, those also made large ammounts of pretty ugly bad music.

Why I think of the music of a country, I think of the songs that I like more.
Quote:
P.S. Of all those clips you´ve already posted, do you have any particular favourites?
I would say that most are my favorites. But looking at the list, I see that I posted too many of Redonditos de Ricota, (that was unintended). So probably Redonditos is my prefered band.

Last edited by KuntaFalza; 02-05-2014 at 10:48 AM.
KuntaFalza is offline   Reply With Quote