Music Banter - View Single Post - Irrational music hatred
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2014, 03:07 PM   #90 (permalink)
Screen13
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrenaj9 View Post
Coldplay. I can't stand them and it's not rational. I think almost every song they do is ok, not my cup of tea but not god awful. Yet every time I hear average song after average song it just grates until average becomes painful I just want to slap Chris Martin in the face.

You know what made me hate them all the more? Everybody kept going on about the abstract meaning of the word Yellow in the song Yellow. All these imitation intellectuals telling me how it's like feeling blue, it's supposed to be subjective so everybody can interpret how they like.

I then find out that he simply picked the name Yellow because he couldn't think of anything and when he wasn't able to think it just so happened he was looking at the Yellow Pages a yellow telephone directory.

Hate them.
I would have loved it if the use of the word "Yellow" would have been inspired by someone yelling out "Weak as piss!" to the band, but at least I can say that it's my imitation anti-intellectual interpretation of it. The punch (to my head) line is that they made a career of actually being that level of weak.

True to form, the real explanation is as dull as the band's music.

Coldplay and Nickelback are the two band monster of 2Ks "Soft Rock" MOR. Different approaches going into the same sewer (and for The US, the Clear Channel).
Screen13 is offline   Reply With Quote