Music Banter - View Single Post - Albums you like, by artists you don't...
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2014, 08:55 PM   #20 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screen13 View Post
It could be called a cynical move by calling it a Yes album, but sometimes these things have to happen, although very rarely they actually create interesting albums like this.
Drama was a Yes album just as much as GTFO.

I think it a cynical move not calling it a Yes album. I like the first 10 Yes albums, I know Drama had fewer notable players that were on previous albums, but it had Steve Howe who (with so much personnel changes) basically defined the Yes sound in the 70s. You said you weren't Yes fan so I don't know how much those musicians mean to you or know the continuity between the older material and Drama. I thought Drama was more of a Yes album than 90120. I despise that album, on that album Chris Squire hand over the reins over to Trevor Rabin, and it was nothing but insipid 80s junk Pop.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards

Last edited by Neapolitan; 02-06-2014 at 09:01 PM.
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote