Music Banter - View Single Post - A racist and vulgar rap song that claims to be about love
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2014, 11:31 AM   #19 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine View Post
I don't know much about ninjas outside of what GI Joe taught me. I didn't even think they were real things. I've always been more fascinated with Samurai myself.

My favorite thing about them is that they routinely meditated on their own deaths because this made them more fearless in combat. I love that.
I have a minor obsession with seppuku. It's one of the most bizarre cultural practices in history. I mean as far as I can tell the entire point is to make everyone forget about whatever you did wrong by doing something so intensely badass that everybody ****s themselves at how awesome you are.

And it's artistic in a morbid way. It's pretty much the ultimate act of bravery. Jumping on a grenade probably happens too fast for you to think about, but seppuku involves you calmly and stoically sticking a sword into your stomach, drawing it across your gut to spill your intestines out, and THEN to show that it wasn't a fluke you then stab yourself again and cut upwards this time to make a cross shaped wound in your stomach. And just to make sure that the last image anyone has of you isn't tarnished by you screaming you are immediately beheaded. It's almost like the whole suicide thing was pointless cause you didn't even kill yourself. So it was just about that one moment in time where you showed everyone just what you were made of.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote