Music Banter - View Single Post - Irrational music hatred
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2014, 11:14 AM   #140 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anteater View Post
That's why its a good thing to get recommendations from people who have spent more time in x-genre Neapolitan, since they might have an inkling of something that will appeal to you more than, say, Spotify or RateYourMusic in that genre.
That's the hole point of me saying 'There are some good Emo bands you just have to plug with someone who knows them.... a nod to whitlelake.' The whole subtext of that was I found someone "who have spent more time in x-genre " you're talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anteater View Post
Emo and most pop-country.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofle11 View Post
Surely there is something in every genre for everyone? Simply a matter of not finding the right band/album/song either through a lack of luck, or effort.
If you say you don't like emo, from my pov I don't see that as irrational, just as your personal preference. I think it's up to the you to call it an "irrational music hatred." I wasn't judging you for not liking emo. I was just comparing notes, since I like some Prog which you like, and some emo which you don't like. I'm not saying that Goofle11 is saying you don't like emo for a lack of effort. But he said it so soon after you said you don't like emo. I was just responding to that. Not in your defense, but generally - that people can choose what they like and don't like. I don't find it necessary to like everything. And if you don't I don't see how that is a lack of effort esp. for members here who put in the effort in finding music more so than the average person.

If you consider those who "spent more time in x-genre" are those who generally speaking narrow their interest to that particular genre. Which goes back to what I said about spending time and effort in things which one likes.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote