Music Banter - View Single Post - Do you talk to people about music IRL?
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2014, 07:57 AM   #92 (permalink)
Dylstew
Music Addict

There's 2 friends at school, and I talk about music with them almost every recess. They're always together, ususally listening to a song on their phone. 1 of them doesn't really have the same taste as me, but it's still fun talking about music with him. The other has a pretty simialar taste as me when it comes to punk and metal, so talking about music with him is usually more fun. But we do have out smaller differences in taste, and that's what makes talking about music with him more interesting.
before I had these friends I never really talked about music much, except for one other dude which likes a few bands that I do.
it's hard to find people that love music that you love, but when you do, sharing that love for music is a pretty awesome thing.

Than there are people that have a few bands that I like that they also like. I ususally talk about those bands with them, but they mostly have tastes so different that I ususally don't talk about music with them.

When somone asks what I like I ususally just list some main genres. I ususally tell them I mainly listen to punk, metal, rock and ska. But that I also like genres like reggae, rocksteady, funkm Rythm n blues/rock n roll, soul, blues and Jazz. It's just that I didn't really listen to those genres much yet, but I'm interested in them.

edit: If somone says they like bands that I really dislike, I ususally try to avoid talking with them about music. But I am willing to give any genre a chance. I used to think all rap sucked, but than I heard a few older songs that weren't about bitches and nike shoes that actually weren't bad. I respected those songs, but they're not my cup of tea. But than there's artists that I have so much irrational hatred towards that I REALLY should avoid talking to those people about music in further detail.

Last edited by Dylstew; 02-25-2014 at 08:25 AM.
Dylstew is offline   Reply With Quote