Music Banter - View Single Post - Spanish language music anyone?
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2014, 01:28 PM   #165 (permalink)
Zaqarbal
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Francis View Post
Siniestro Total
Of course. It's a must-listen. Bailaré sobre tu tumba ("I'll Dance on Your Grave", 1985) is a very famous song, almost a "generational anthem". And an undisputed masterpiece of "homicidal music":

♫ "Te mataré con mis zapatos de claqué, ................................ I'll kill you with my tap dance shoes,
te asfixiaré con mi malla de ballet, ................................ I'll strangle you with my ballet tights,
te ahorcaré con mi esmoquin ................................ I'll hang you with my tuxedo
y morirás mientras se ríe el disc-jockey. ................................ and you'll die amid laughter from a deejay.

Y bailaré sobre tu tumba. ................................ And I'll dance on your grave.
Y bailaré sobre tu tumba. ................................ And I'll dance on your grave.

Te degollaré con un disco afilado ................................ I'll slit your throat with a sharp-edged record
de los Rolling Stones o de los Shadows. ................................ of The Rolling Stones or The Shadows.
Te tragarás la colección de casetes ................................ You'll eat up all my cassettes
de las Shangri-Las o de las Ronettes. ................................ of The Shangri-Las or The Ronettes.

Te clavaré mi guitarra, ................................ I'll hammer my guitar into you,
te aplastaré con mi piano, ................................ I'll mash you up with my piano,
te desollaré con mis platillos, ................................ I'll skin you with my cymbals,
te trepanaré con mi órgano Hammond. ................................ I'll trepan you with my Hammond organ.

Y bailaré sobre tu tumba. ................................ And I'll dance on your grave." ♫

Pueblos del mundo ("Peoples of the World") and Cuenca minera ("Coal-mining Area"):

chorus:
♫ "Pueblos del mundo: ¡extinguíos!.........................Peoples of the World: kill yourselves!
Dejad que continúe la evolución.........................Let evolution go on.
esterilizad a vuestro hijos...................Sterilize your children.
Juntos de la mano............................Let's go together hand in hand
hacia la extinción..........................towards the extinction." ♫

Hermano, bebe ("Drink, Brother!"), a brilliant ode to alcohol:

chorus:
"Hermano, bebe,............................Drink, brother,
que la vida es breve,......................because life is short,
y aunque a ti no te lo pareciere..................and believe it or not,
el más grande bien........................even the biggest good thing
siempre es pequeño.......................is always small.
No seas berebere, Mohamed...............Don't be a Berber, Muhammad."