Music Banter - View Single Post - Babymetal
Thread: Babymetal
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2014, 03:52 PM   #30 (permalink)
Forward To Death
Trolier Than Thou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
What about this music would give you the impression that it was taking itself seriously?
The fact that they're trying to sell their sound commercially, I can't really think of anything that says "we take ourselves seriously" than that, because it literally means that you think that your music is good enough to sell records. If they were marketed as a gimmick, like Kidz Bop, or Weird Al, it would be a different story.

Do you take them seriously?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briks View Post
The singers are like, 9 years old, so I'm pretty sure they take their "PLAYING METAL OMG" pretty seriously, and the pedophiles behind think that the money this will earn them is a pretty serious matter
Yeah, just like I'm sure Bret Michaels took himself seriously as he was dressing up like a woman, and that Kiss took themselves seriously when they were putting facepaint and lipstick on. It's to sell records, it's a marketing technique. It's still intended to become popular and sell mass amounts of albums, though, and that's the whole point.

I could never get inside the minds of the members of these bands to find out if they actually took themselves seriously, but I think it's easy to make the argument that they intend for others to take them seriously.

Last edited by Forward To Death; 03-09-2014 at 04:06 PM.
Forward To Death is offline   Reply With Quote