Music Banter - View Single Post - Babymetal
Thread: Babymetal
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2014, 08:04 PM   #39 (permalink)
Engine
air quote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forward To Death View Post
Are you saying that being manufactured means that they don't take themselves seriously? Or are you just reminding everyone that they're a pop band that's trying to appeal to metalheads?

Why on earth would you listen to music that you don't take somewhat seriously? What's the point in listening to it if you don't take it seriously? Any bands that I've ever listened to that I don't take seriously are jokey. Even bands that are eccentric, like Ween or Beck, I take seriously, because the music is legitimately unique and original. Then there's your Weird Al, Cars Can Be Blue, stuff that's intended to make you laugh. I can totally understand not taking that kind of music seriously and still liking it, but that's different. There's no joke factor with this music, it's just crappy.

Presumably, you didn't read the first 2 sentences of my post.
I read it all thoroughly.

I take Babymetal as seriously as I take Ween who I love. And while you're using Beck as an example of serious music, I'll go ahead and say that I prefer Babymetal to Beck right now. Beck has sucked for at least 10 years (probably a lot more), and Babymetal amuses me currently.