Music Banter - View Single Post - The Death Metal thread (version 2)
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2014, 11:21 AM   #25 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BastardofYoung View Post
Band I mentioned above. I had no real knowledge on them before. I was reading through a list of someones favorite Death Metal albums from 2013, and they ranked this album above both "Vermis" and "Colored Sands", so I of course had to give it a listen to see if their hype was justified.

I wound up liking this album a lot actually, has an old school sound with some more modern production values, which gives it an interesting feel. Has some Doom influences to it, can hear some influence from Autopsy here and there.

https://rateyourmusic.com/release/al...ath_horizon.p/
Loved their new album. I've been waiting a few years for their follow up to Nekropsalms. You should totally check that one out too. The new one has a more polished production, but on that album it just sounded so filthy. Took that kind of Obituary or Autopsy sound to the next level.

There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote