Music Banter - View Single Post - is there anything worse than hipster mosh rules?
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2005, 02:06 PM   #27 (permalink)
franscar
Honky

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontRunMeOver
Nice story, violence and music combined always makes a tale for me...

This isn't really a story, its just more of a report. There's a pub next to The Carling Academy in Birmingham - The pub is called Scruffy Murphy's and the guy who does sound engineering downstairs for gigs is in a category best described as "So-Scene-He-Could-Join-The-Circus". He was about 19, about average height, skinny build with floppy, probably straightened hair, was wearing a stripey t-shirt which probably had the label "Ages 13-14" on the collar and jeans which must have been 26 inch waist on somebody who needed a 30 inch. Literally the jeans were barely above his knees, which meant he had to do this desperate-for-a-pee chicken walk at all times and his dodgy faded grey boxers were on permanent display.

The strangest things was, all of his clothes were obviously new (apart from the pants) and lovingly ironed - just like his hair. How can somebody spend SO long preparing to make themselves look SO BAD!

If, of the many Brummies reading this, you happen to be that sound engineer BUY YOURSELF SOME ADULT SIZED CLOTHES and for god's sake, stand up straight.
I wonder if that's the same guy that I tripped over by accident the one week and he started hurling obscenities at me, such as "cretin" and "imbecile". My mate's band is playing there on December 1st, I'll say hello to him I think.