Music Banter - View Single Post - Was that Beyonce album any good?
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2014, 09:27 AM   #24 (permalink)
djchameleon
A.B.N.

Quote:
Originally Posted by realtalk92 View Post
No I was making a point.

Why is it okay for Beyonce to act like a slut in her videos but Miley Cyrus , Lady Gaga and Rihanna get bashed for it?
You are currently bashing her for it and everyone else that doesn't like Beyonce bashes her for it.

Quote:
Why is it okay for Beyonce to Make fun of Tina Turner's abusive marriage to Ike Turner
You aren't the only person to make this point and bash Beyonce for it as well. Saying that she can't have her cake and eat it to.

Quote:
Why is it okay for Beyonce to Make a song called Bow Down B#$%hes
She gets criticized for that as well. You aren't the only person but did you even listen to that song? You missed the entire point of it and the person's speech that she sampled for that song.

Quote:
But Rihanna and Lady Gaga are constantly dragged by the media and their distractions when they make similar songs and do similar things in their videos?
There is a lot of misogyny and internalized misogyny that gets perpetuated by the media and Beyonce doesn't get any passes. She gets hit with it as well.

Quote:
I am not a fan of any of them but I do notice that there is a unfair double standard when it comes to Beyonce. Just because I am not a fan of theres does not mean I can not acknowledge that some of their criticism is unfair when there are other artists that do the same thing that dont get criticized.
There isn't a double standard. You just haven't noticed all the articles that have been out criticizing Beyonce for stupid minor things instead of sticking to her music. She got criticized for the her performance during some award show recently where she was the opening act. I watched it but can't remember what is was.

Quote:
I am not telling myself anything. I saw a few reviews that gave it a 6/10 and they said that the album sounds like the music that is already out on the radio and nothing new.

Why is it so impossible for you to consider that the hype generated by the way she released the album also played a role in how the critics rated it?
You know why it's impossible for me to consider it. Critics write their reviews based off of the music. Sure they might talk about the hype but they get more detailed into their reviews and actually break down the songs. I don't know what reviews you read on a constant basis but those critics would be fired if all they did was talk about fluff like hype around a record instead of going into details about the tracks themselves.

Quote:
You are not being objective in this discussion because you are not taking into consideration that SOME critics rate songs and albums NOT just on the quality of the material.
It makes no sense for them to do that. There is nothing to take into consideration about that because it doesn't happen.

Quote:
Kelis is more interesting to me because she actually has "personality" not just off stage but in her performances and in her music. She switches up her style and her genre as well. She does not follow trends or cares about chasing the charts. She is artistic, takes risk and is creative in her music, stage performances and music videos. She is fly. She covers a wide range of subject matter, writes her own music and plays instruments.

Check out this cool song from her upcoming album.
I think this song is better than anything Beyonce has ever released.

Quote:
What songs besides Milkshake have you heard DJ? lol
Bossy, In Public, Blindfold Me, Millionaire. I just don't care about Kelis the same way you do. I'm not interested in the output of her music. Also what instruments does she play? This is news to me. Also that song reminds me of songs that came from Beyonce's B'Day album. It's actually good though and I like the horn line. Beyonce had a horn line and live musicians on her album B'Day.

Quote:
Then why didn't she released her album when JT, Lady Gaga, Rihanna etc released there's if she would have gotten the same sells?
It wouldn't have mattered when she released her album. She would have destroyed Lady Gaga and Rihanna in sales regardless. JT maybe not so much but her sales would still be pretty high regardless.

Quote:
I didn't mention sells not one time when I brought up David Bowie. David Bowie received acclaim for the QUALITY of his music, not for the sells. People were surprised because he had not released an album in 10 years. This man did not have the kind of commercial promotion Beyonce had. She had a tour, the Superbowl, the inauguration, etc AND then she dropped her album. Bowie did not have that...

He just dropped it with NO promotion.
You didn't mention sales but you proceeded to mention how successful he was doing the same technique of not telling the release date and just dropping it which isn't exactly NO promotion when you release singles ahead of time. Singles DO count as promotion so that argument is straight up trash.

Quote:
So are you reading my mind now? You don't know who I know or where I got the feedback that her album was not good. People talked about that album for a week and that was it. More people on the internet talked about it than people in real life. Regardless of what others think, the album simply was not that good period. That opinion comes from me actually listening to the album myself.
All of this is anecdotal.

I don't have to read your mind when you already talked about it in your previous post. Would you like me to quote your own post where you stated it yourself?

Quote:
I don't slag her at every opportunity. lol This thread is about her album and I am just giving my opinion on it.
You have in other threads that aren't even about her. So don't play coy now :P

Quote:
It is nothing wrong with being proud of your body but I find issue with a woman who calls them self a role model for young girls but then shows their ass in videos and acts like a slut knowing that most of her fans are young underage impressionable girls. You cant have it both ways. You cant say you care about children and then turn around and act like that in your videos. You cant be the slut AND the girl next door. I just think she does and says things for money doesn't really care about those young girls.

Janelle Monae is a better role model.
I don't agree with your opinion and your slut shaming but it's your opinion to have.
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote