Music Banter - View Single Post - Was that Beyonce album any good?
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2014, 11:38 AM   #29 (permalink)
Wpnfire
Dragon

Quote:
Just like I figured, you just mention her singles and did not even list albums that you have listened to.

I don't understand this.

How can you listen to 4-5 songs and make a argument that you do not like her music or do not care for her?

Millionaire with Andre 3000 is actually a really good song.

If you do not care for her that is okay but don't say you have listened to her music when you have not.
lol. How can you not understand, and what does it matter? Apples or oranges, albums or songs, DJ's listened to her material, and that makes it fine for him to present an opinion on it.

And actually, you can't even listen to an album; you can only listen to the songs on the album but whatever.

You're being ridiculous here asking for more than some of her well-known songs.

Also, he mentioned an album earlier.
Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
Bossy, In Public, Blindfold Me, Millionaire. I just don't care about Kelis the same way you do. I'm not interested in the output of her music. Also what instruments does she play? This is news to me. Also that song reminds me of songs that came from Beyonce's B'Day album. It's actually good though and I like the horn line. Beyonce had a horn line and live musicians on her album B'Day.
Clearly, he's familiar with an album.

Quote:
Sound Scan recently came out with her sale figures and she has sold a combined total of 15 million copies which is not really a lot for a artist of her stature. There are artists that are less known that have sold more than that. Her albums do not sell alot and I highly doubt she would have still sold well with all those artists dropping their albums at the same time which is why her team waited to release her album at the last minute.
What a thoroughly subjective statement. Are you an expert on music sales? I highly doubt you have the technical knowledge to even begin to make such a claim. Unless you can draw up some kind of factual-based comparison, this is just conjecture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by realtalk92 View Post
The album got rave reviews because of the way her team released it not because of the quality of the album.
Can you provide ANY reviews from a respectable source that give a "rave" review for the reasons you describe?
Wpnfire is offline   Reply With Quote