Music Banter - View Single Post - What are some music marketing tactics?
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2014, 02:23 PM   #25 (permalink)
Zer0

Quote:
Originally Posted by realtalk92 View Post
lol I am actually confused about the question your asking.

You ask me to give an estimate number of copies sold if she had released it the regular way without that specific marketing tactic.

I can not give a accurate exact number because I just don't know because it was not released that way, so no one will never know.

However I can only give a good assumption based on her last previous album first week sales.

And based on her previous album first week sales, I don't think it would have sold over 100,000 copies its first week let alone 3 days if she had marketed her album the conventional way.

What question are you trying to ask? I am lost.
You claimed that releasing an album without telling anyone is a proven marketing tactic.
I was not convinced and then asked you to provide evidence in the form of album sales had she marketed and released the album in the conventional way, so as to compare against the actual album sales and therefore confirm that the marketing tactic actually works. This is the only way it can be proven.
No such evidence can exist, as you have even acknowledged yourself, and you now only presume that it works.

If no proof exists that it does work, then releasing an album without telling anyone is not a proven marketing tactic.

Hope that clears it up.