Music Banter - View Single Post - The Music Banter Members' Journals Monthly Update Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2014, 11:46 AM   #375 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Your logic is flawed. I know why I like Floyd. I don't make any pretensions to thinking DF are cool or great, but considering all the hate they get here and elsewhere I was just surprised that they didn't suck as I thought they would. You know me: if it's metal, has melody and I can understand the singer I'm usually fine with it. Is it original? Hell no. Do I care? See last response.

I would probably not listen to a full album again for pleasure (though I may review another just to annoy you) but I would grab a track or two for a playlist and not feel in the least ashamed or embarrassed.
Any nonsuckiness they may have is merely down to their blatant ripping off of Stratovarius and they deserve no credit for it. Bu yao.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote