Music Banter - View Single Post - Irrational music hatred
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2014, 05:50 PM   #201 (permalink)
Mojo
Melancholia Eternally

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRED HALE SR. View Post
I thought that documentary made them look like head case primadonnas. It seriously shed light into why Dave Mustaine was much better leaving that band in the dust.
Did you not think that Dave didn't really come off much better in that doc though?

I liked aspects of the film. In some ways it was a good period in time to capture, what with Newsted leaving and then the auditions for a new bass player. There was footage from that tiny intimate gig with Bob Rock filling in on bass which is interesting to capture on film also.

But of course it was the St. Anger era. The only thing worse than listening to that ****ing record is seeing and hearing it throughout it's making and recording. The therapy sessions I have to say were a little sad to see as well. I suppose theres logic to it and you could argue it isn't such a bad thing if they really feel they need it but it just never looks as though it's acheiving anything.

Lars Ulrich is a baby, I agree (although I've always found the backlash to his objections to Napster to be totally pathetic. It's his music people. He owns it. The ability to download something for free these days is a privelidge, not a right). James is a baby too. Kirk just doesn't look as though he has any desire to involve himself in their bull**** or rise to the arguments....unless your Lars and mention there's gonna be no guitar solo's in the new album because they are "out dated".

Metallica didn't come off well at all in the film, but did Dave Mustaine? All I see is a crying, bitter baby who still has a damn chip on his shoulder all these years later about being kicked out of Metallica ("People still come up to me and shout "METALLICA!" and I know it isn't a compliment") or however exactly he worded it like Metallica completely ruined his life and shattered his dreams. Dave Mustaine, the man who went on to form arguably Metallica's biggest competition and did exceptionally well for himself.

Last.FM | Echoes and Dust
Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote