Music Banter - View Single Post - Rocka Rolla - Judas Priest
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2014, 02:22 AM   #11 (permalink)
Cuthbert
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briks View Post
I also have yet to hear British Steel (I'm a bit behind) but Sad Wings of Destiny won't disappoint you. I'm certain.
Copped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
I normally rate my albums out of 5 and I gave Rocka Rolla a 2 which is a bad mark and in my journal I said this about it below and I'd say it was easily the worst album from the band (based on what I've heard, which is around 80% of their output)

"on their first effort Rocka Rolla they had given us a fairly terrible interpretation of a Black Sabbath style sound in an unfocused mishmash of a debut album"

By the time of Sad Wings of Destiny the band had moved up several notches in terms of quality and gave us a very good album, but the following Sin After Sin was even better and gave us Judas Priest at their most interesting. But the daddy of them all is surely Stained Class a 1970's metal monster and the band who never quite match the dark majesty of this album again.
British Steel had me hooked straight away, I've listened to SC like twice and can't remember it being any good. I'll give it another listen.
Cuthbert is offline   Reply With Quote