Music Banter - View Single Post - Eurovision 2014 Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2014, 05:05 AM   #15 (permalink)
misspoptart
gimme gimme

Well, I'm finally on a server that allows me to use YouTube, and just in time, too, because Eurovision is just 9 days away!

Today's post will feature the most WTF entries of Eurovision this year. In reality every Eurovision entry is a WTF entry but these are especially hard to digest. All brought to you by Austria, Moldova, Poland, and Lithuania.

Enjoy!

First we have Austria's Conchita Wurst, with "Rise Like a Phoenix."

Weird spy music + bearded lady + bathtub of rose petals is I dunno, very intense. Her voice is great and I love her attitude but this is really, really, weird to watch. The song is forgettable. Good luck? I will say I am curious about the live show.

Moldova presents Cristina Scarlat with "Wild Soul."

What am I? Am I human? (Uhhh....) Ok, frankly this song gets a WTF from me because her sing-screaming and the totally serious and not funny tone of this song kills the energy that Moldova usually brings to the show. I'm massively disappointed with this year's entry. Song is lame, key change is lame, all is LAME and leaves me totally...

I'm really not sure where Poland is going with "We are Slavic" by Donatan & Cleo.

Song is--- BOOOOOOBS. Performance should be excellent.

With lyrics like: We're Slavic girls/we know how to use our charming byuuuuuty/now shake what yo mamma gave ya/clap yo hands to this myuuuusik

You just KNOW the song is absolutely without a doubt a huge WTF. I cannot believe this song is representing a country. Who runs this sh*t in Poland?

Last, and totally least is Lithuania's trainwreck "Attention" by

I'm sorry but WHAT THE FAAAAACK IS THIS? Worst songwriting ever, and terrible production. Everything about this is hateable. She sounds like she's being strangled. I cannot even begin to imagine who wrote this line: "I'm gonna make you make you fall d-d-d-d-down on your knees."

JUST WTFFFFFFFFFf

Anyway I can't wait until May 10th! AND I sincerely hope that none of these songs are there at the final. Hahaha.
misspoptart is offline   Reply With Quote