Music Banter - View Single Post - Ten artists you can't stop listening to
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2014, 05:56 PM   #35 (permalink)
bob.
Still sends his reguards.

top ten forevers...

Depeche Mode....my first true love when it comes to music
DEVO....i can say with certainty that they helped shape my mind as a child subconsciously and then consciously molded it into what it today as an adult
Swans....i think existential despair are the best two words to describe the music of Swans.....i can't think of any other band in the history of music that makes me happy to see them grow into what they've become
Priscilla Paris....my heart and soul belongs to this amazingly underrated singer songwriter
Rudimentary Peni....the perfect blend of good politics and HP lovecraft
Unsane....the perfect blend of misanthropic anger mixed with caged desperation
Current 93....David Tibet's lyrical surrealism, wicked elf voice, and mostly minimal compositions are something i seem to never get tired of even as i slowly loose faith in the "neofolk" genre as a whole
Unwound....i'm thinking that Unwound had such a huge impact on both me and my friends in the mid 90s...that we still all find ourselves sitting in smoked filled living rooms talking loudly over the loudly played music when ever we have the time to see each other
Kiss The Anus Of A Black Cat....i only found this band about five or so years ago....but by the third song on An Interlude to the Outermost...they were literally all i wanted to hear....still listen to them daily
Quicksand ....Walter Schreifels has been one of my favorite musicians since the first Quicksand release in 1993....and it was the time of my life seeing them last year....the lyrics are stern and reflective yet witty and the music is everything i think hardcore should sound like
bob. is offline   Reply With Quote