Music Banter - View Single Post - HEY NOOBS! Want a band or song recommendation? Don't start a new thread-POST HERE!
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2014, 06:28 AM   #3459 (permalink)
Anemeros
Groupie

Question Looking for Suggestions (female vocals)

Hello everyone. This is not only my first time posting, but it is also my first time visiting this site. I will admit now that I am not very familiar with this site but I thought it was a good place to ask for help.

For a very long time I have been searching for a contemporary hard rock group with a female vocalist that is good. Now when I say good I mean quality on par with the likes of Tool, Karnivool, Lesser Key... More progressive, technical rock. For some reason it has always bothered me that I have never found a top notch hard rock band that has a good femme lead.

I know that opinions on what is good can vary wildly, but so far nothing I have discovered has scratched that itch. I'm aware of groups like The Dead Weather and Auf Der Maur, but I'm looking for something with more of an edge; something deeper, smarter and harder.

The closest I ever came was an obscure Canadian group called Sonica (the music was decent and the vocals were close to perfect), but they dropped off the face of the earth.

So yeah, the search continues. No, I'm not looking for Evanescence or Otep (no offense to anyone that likes them) but I promise to give due attention to any suggestions I haven't already investigated myself.

Thanks!
Anemeros is offline   Reply With Quote