Music Banter - View Single Post - Electronica & EDM combination album club! ® (Whew!)
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2014, 11:06 PM   #106 (permalink)
Silenzio
Music Addict

MOOG INDIGO - JEAN-JAQUES PERREY

1. What were your VERY FIRST impressions on listening to the album, say from the first five minutes in (first time)?
Groovy, it felt like I was playing Nintendo games and at the same time I was overwhelmed by such an awesome sound, not in a childish but in a very entertaining way.
I was very impressed by the excellent use of the electronic elements. Great Covers of well-known tunes! When I checked the track list I couldn't imagine the covered pieces to sound so well!

2. Did your first impressions change, i.e., did the album get better or worse as you listened to it (first time)?
Definitively the album got better, because at the second listen you hear different things. I listened to it twice and I’m fascinated by the clear layer and sound pattern.

3. Which was stronger in your opinion, the opening tracks (first 2-3 songs), or the ending tracks (last 2-3 songs)?
For me the opening tracks were stronger, they are catching the listeners interest more than the ending tracks!

4. On repeated listens (if you did so), did you find you liked the album more, or less? Feel free to be very detailed if you like.
I personally liked it more, because in every track you discover new sounds you enjoy, you realize it better and that makes you enjoy a song more.

5. What is your favorite track from the album, if you have one?
Moog Indigo (love that soft lazy-sounds), The Elephant Never Forgets (Reminds me on a cartoon I watched in my childhood)
and Passport to the Future (polyphonic adventure).

6. What is your least favorite track from the album, if you have one?
18th Century Puppet. I'm very picky about covers of that music. I absolutely disliked the random sounds.

7. Did you change your favorite or least favorite track as you listened to the album?
No.

8. How would you describe the variety of tracks available on this album? Feel free to be very detailed if you like.
I would say there is a song for everybody’s taste on that album. It of course all electronic, but the originals of the songs could meet the music taste of many.
Technically it’s a well-balanced variety.

9. What is the overall mood on this album?
Soulful, creative and cheerful.

10. Is this an album you would listen to again all the way through (for personal, recreational use, outside of listening to it for this club), or are there just a few songs that you would listen to?
I would listen to the whole album again, because there is only one song I dislike.

11. How well do you already know the band/artist?
Honestly, I have never heard of Jean-Jaques. I missed out!

12. If you are familiar with this band/artist, how would you compare this album to any of their earlier/later material?
Sadly I can't answer that question!

13. Do you see any way the album could have been improved?
Yes, the track 18th Century Puppet should get erased. Then the album would be perfect in my opinion.

14. Would you recommend this album to others?
That's a clear yes.

15. Are you interested in listening to more albums by this band?
Yes, I'm very impressed by the way the artist used sounds and even managed to involve famous melodies smartly.
I have no idea how the previous albums sound, but I'll listen to more works by Jean-Jaques Perrey.

16. What sub-genre, if any, would you assign this music to?
I can't think of any.

17. (NOTE: Ignore this question if the album does not have lyrics.) Did you like the vocalist? Hate him/her? Any impressions?
*ignores*

18. Your overall album rating on a scale of 1-10 (whole numbers please. Also, please BOLD or otherwise make this rating easy to see)?

9/10

19. What do you think of the production?
Great work, I like the clear use of the electronic instrument and the mood.
With a sense of humor you’ll enjoy the creative remixes of standard pieces of music history.

20. Any other thoughts you had about this album you would like to share?
I like the album title, Moog indigo – I heard the blues!