Music Banter - View Single Post - Your favorite Metallica album?
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2014, 06:37 PM   #124 (permalink)
Wpnfire
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicfanatic View Post
But when you are speaking about Sabbath, I mainly see then as classic rock instead of metal. There is no real fastness to much of their songs. A lot the same with the ...And Justice album; compare that one to the first...
If you don't call Black Sabbath the first heavy metal band, who do you call the first heavy metal band?

Quote:
I've been meaning to ask, forgot in another post, but where does this "Unforgiven is the next best heavy song on the album" come from? Not one second of that song is heavy. My fave off the album, being Don't Tread On Me is much heavier that anything from the Unforgiven. I listened to it just in case I was wrong, but I wasn't. What is so heavy about that song...?
I believe I said it earlier, the solo is what makes it heavy for me. I see what you are getting at here, and it reminds me of "Killer of Giants" by Ozzy Osbourne, which of course, everyone agrees is heavy metal. That's what I use to base that.

Quote:
So? I love the Black Album but it isn't my favorite. My faves are, in this order:

Kill 'Em All
Ride the Lightning
...And Justice
Master of Puppets
Metallica
Again, it boggles my mind what people see in Ride The Lightning, and why any sane person would pick it over Kill Em All or Master of Puppets. Every song on RTL sounds the same to me other than "Call of Ktulu," "Fade To Black," and "Fight Fire With Fire."
While I think all of Metallica's albums are considerably more varied than a ton of other bands, I consider Master to be their most varied, and RTL the second least of their first four albums with And Justice being the least varied.

Quote:
Though every album after Kill 'Em All gets less heavy each time I listen to them. Master of Puppets is a great album, but it doesn't have the feel of Kill 'Em All.
I can't fathom why you would think that when Master has "Master of Puppets," AND "The Thing That Should Not Be." I guess it's slower, but I don't see the difference in heavy.

Quote:
I don't consider ...And Justice a true thrash metal album.
That's just wrong. Look me saying that the black album is 'barely a heavy metal album' is way way different than you saying that '..And Justice is not a true thrash metal album.' ..And Justice is objectively a thrash metal album. I was reading a review for it a few weeks ago that called it
Quote:
the pinnacle thrash metal album of the 80s
or something like that. I don't agree with that sentence at ALL. That's not stating an opinion, that's just wrong.
You can speculate that maybe Pluto is a planet, but you can NOT say that maybe Saturn is a planet. The black album is maybe a heavy metal album, but ..And Justice is 100% a thrash metal album.

Quote:
I read the lyrics to Rust in Peace and a lot of the stories in it are only half baked ideas. I'm not a big fan of that one. I did, however, enjoy Countdown to Extinction. But I think I need to go back and listen to their albums again.
Your favorite Metallica album?-a731122bc22d7210ee838c3314d8cb36.jpg
Wpnfire is offline   Reply With Quote