Music Banter - View Single Post - Your favorite Metallica album?
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2014, 11:11 PM   #133 (permalink)
Musicfanatic
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wpnfire View Post
Who are you????????????? Seriously, it is like you are my doppelgänger or something.
A doppelganger to whom? Myself?

Quote:
The black album as a heavy metal album: You think it is heavy metal, I think it is not.
I have argued to the contrary about this often times. But I think it is heavy enough to be considered as such. If Sabbath can be placed in the genre, I don't see why this album cannot.

Quote:
Also, we seem to be in (slight) agreement that there are better applications of the word heavy than using it to describe the black album for the most part.
As can be said about other metal bands, too, don't you agree?

Quote:
Also also, we (somehow) agree Sad But True is the heaviest song from that album, though we, bizarrely, have differing definitions and therefore applications of the word heavy.
You try playing every song on that album, neglecting Nothing Else Matters, Unforgiven and Enter Sandman, and I think you'll find some very good songs that have that exact element of heavy as Sad But True. I don't believe that you are even sitting down to actually listen to them as I have been ever since this whole debate began. Listen to the album, skipping the obvious choices, and I think you might come away with a few more heavy sounding songs.

Quote:
you think Ride the Lightning is the 2nd best, and then even place And Justice above MoP...................you ****er. lol
You shoulda said, "You motherbleeper, you." I think that would have been much funnier. I think Joe Pesei said that in Goodfellas, or something.

I don't know. Maybe I am wrong. I think I just like ...And Justice a bit better because there are so many songs on there, like the Black Album, but unlike Master of Puppets... I love every song on their first five albums. I still love Enter Sandman, but I don't listen to that one as much anymore. Doesn't mean I hate it.

Quote:
On the subject of kill Em All, we agree it is their edgiest material as well.
Well, der.

Quote:
And Justice being a thrash metal album: We have differing views about this..............
Maybe I was a little off about this one. But if you listen to each album, they get less thrashy than the last, and thus I think that you can see where the Black Album was going to lead to. ...And Justice is far heavier than the Black Album. I think we can both agree on that.

What about Slayer being thrash? I used to think that that was death metal before I heard what death really sounded like. But I don't think that Slayer is really thrash; it's closer to black metal...

Quote:
I still refuse to yield that And Justice is in fact a thrash metal album, so I guess I will admit that the black album is 'mainstream heavy metal.'

Exactly. Just because it is mainstream, that doesn't mean it ain't metal.

Oh, by the way, I just gave you the clap!

Quote:
Load: I think this album is a POS, you think it is one of your favorite metallica albums.
Did I say that? If I did, scratch that. It's not one of my favorites. You know what my favorite are. It's just a really good hard rock album. Hard Rock, you know?

Quote:
That being said, I love love love leove lvoelvo vleov lovoelve...."Ain't My Bitch"
Yes, I think I recall.

Quote:
We both seem to like Megadeth as well.
I do have a few of their albums, but never really got into them as much as Metallica. I want to give them more listens, though.

Quote:
Black Sabbath is unquestionably a heavy metal band.
Then so is the Black Album, for reasons I've gone over.

Quote:
I saw someone on another site refer to Black Sabbath as "death metal."
Uhem, what?

Quote:
I don't agree with calling Black Sabbath anything other than heavy metal, or first wave-*insert heavy metal genre here*.
It's like viewing Deep Purple and Blue Oyster Cult as metal. I enjoy them a whole heck of a lot. But I've never considered them as metal. I see them as a progression to the genre, but they are just classic rock to me. Heck, those songs in the 50s I consider as pathing stones to metal.
Musicfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote